R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - The Official ROAR Festivus Thread
View Single Post
Old 03-18-2010, 04:50 AM
miller tyme
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Wow I go to bed and wake up to 6 pages to catch up on, good to see most of it is in the same direction.

ROAR needs representation from each type of racing, Reuben may have experienced but how connected is he to the different regions. Not dissing you Reuben, I've met you at a couple of the Nats I've attended, and you seem like you do care, but possibly an electric on road committe made up of electric racers from the the different parts of the country.

Motors and classes, ROAR says they are afraid to make people mad with changes too soon, so rather than slow a class down so 'sportsman' can drive it they force those with experience (some sponsor help) out and into a class that their not ready for, seems to have pissed off more people this way. From what I've seem 21.5 is almost as fast as 17.5 was back in October, with another advance in Technology it will still be too quick, might as well go 25.5 for 'Sportsman' and perhaps keep the silly sponsorship rule then 17.5 for 'Stock' or 'Pro-Stock' whatever you want to call it and then open Mod, and for what it's worth I know 3 or 4 of the top national caliber mod drivers would just as soon see it capped at 10.5 or 8.5 or something because 3.5 is just plain ridiculous on a short closed carpet track.

ESC Tech, might as well let it go, too hard to police and it will only open the doors to those thinking/knowing team guys have found away around whatever teching there would be.

I would be more than willing to sit in on such an Electric On-road committee and yes I'm sure the result would be some flak as you can't please everyone, but I think the current rule changes or lack of in some instances, have more to do with the poor turnout at the carpet nats than does the economy.