R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - The Official ROAR Festivus Thread
View Single Post
Old 03-17-2010, 07:22 PM
Chaz955i
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by CarbonJoe
Congrats to ROAR on establishing rules for motors, bodies, chassis weights, batteries,etc. I don't think that anyone has too much to complain about in this area. ESCs is another story, but I'm not sure what they can do there.

First, a little background reading is required...

http://www.roarracing.com/downloads/...ncial_data.pdf

How many National Championship races did ROAR hold last year?
Almost $90k to run those races? And only $2445 spent by ROAR on promotion for the entire year? Wow.

For comparison:

2010 Carpet Nats race fees $85 per class. No multiple class discount.

2010 NEGS Race at Mimi's. $40 first class, $10 discount for multiple classes.

2010 Region 5 ROAR Champs $40 first class, $20 discount for multiple classes.

Amazingly, it looks like the Region 5 Champs may end up with more entries than the Nats. Why is that? For me, running 4 classes at the Regionals was $100, and I could run tires I already have. Running the same 4 classes at the Nats would be $340, with no difference in the amount of racing. And that doesn't include travel and hotel expenses. Plus, I have to buy my rubber tires there, and can't use any of my existing tires (except in practice). So much for trying to minimize costs for the unsponsored racers.

Next!
Come on Joe. We both know used rubber isn't the way to go. Get some new rubbers. Better safe than sorry. You've been around The Gate for a long time, you should know better.