R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - 2010 ROAR Electric OnRoad Carpet Nationals @ The Track - Gaithersburg, MD
Old 03-17-2010, 01:39 PM
jiml
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Jeff Cuffs
Yes we do. I agree but my problem with them is they are no where to be found when i feel they are needed the most. Mike with all the changes that happened in the industry in the last 2 to 3 years if just seems like its a free for all and no direction..
Jeff, have you tried contacting them? Every time I had a question for Dawn or Ruben I got an answer in a day or two.

The folks at ROAR are in a bad situation. They have to listen to a thousand screaming voices all at once. They see something they might have an answer to and when they do something, another thousand screaming voices come out of no where.

Another problem is how things get out of hand quickly, like the supposed "decal" rule. People on RC Tech made their own conclusions and went crazy, when the rule as printed said nothing of what was posted here.

Things are changing in the hobby much faster than ROAR can react. No one had any clue about the Black Diamond speed controls before they were debuted at the Vegas race. And what was the first thing posted on RC Tech: "What's ROAR gonna do about it?!"

It's an impossible situation made worse by a handful of attitudes and egos. If racers really want ROAR to be able to do all these things, then racers need to start supporting ROAR. Constant bickering will not solve anything.