R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Hot Bodies Cyclone
View Single Post
Old 03-16-2010, 11:03 AM
Luppi Stefano
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by Tommy Bergfeldt
I like the chassis a lot, feels a bit more consistent in every condition.
I also usually run with un-cut top decks since i feel it gets inconsistent (especially when cutting the front deck). In Poland though i cut the rear deck to get the rear stable since the track was HUGE.

Me and M Vassmar (T3) has had some great racing this season in our regional series but i've always been a couple of seconds behind both on high and low traction. This weekend i took TQ with 0.2 seconds and the car feels a lot more consistent than before. In the finals i had the win until a lapped car spun out on front, we crashed and i had to settle for second.

Another tip i have for you all is something i got told by Hiro, is lowering the front knuckle a bit, i lowered it 0.7 mm.

I went back and forth a lot with this in Poland, i always ended with it lowered since the car felt alot more consistent in the sweepers making it traction less.
I also run 2 degree blocks in front, my chassis with steel holders did not have the RF holes drilled so i did them in a mill at work.
thanks tommy!
view your car in the photos on RedRC, ETS site!
and I saw the mod FF on your chassis!
Unfortunately, this Sunday I had a crash with another rider, and broke exotek chassis, in the hole Rear/Right of diff bukehead!
and ruined the seat pivot ball of RF + ruined the seat pivot ball of RR 3°
Disaster!
I now look if you can adjust!
I'm really pissed off this thing!
-
I removed the original lipo battery brace, and I installed this(battery brace TOP Racing + torsional control HB for Spacer), I found myself very well, balanced car and weight only 1343g

see if you can help this configuration