R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - CRF US Spec vs CRF Alpha 3 port
View Single Post
Old 03-15-2010, 05:38 PM
Matt Piva
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Billetboy
I need a new motor for my buggy. I am currently running a Nova +4c and want to try something new. How do these two compare: Power and runtime. Are they both picco based? Are they both the same quality? Do they both use the same carb?

Currently I only get 8 minutes on my +4, so longer runtime would be nice, but more power is a bigger priority.

Thx in advance
The us spec is picco based, the alpha is a star based engine like a sirio engine. The us spec is good with the Orion 2066 pipe and tunes slighty diffacult, I also put ceramics in at 2 gallons. I havnt really ran it much latly but it's a powerhouse and has great runtimes, price is pretty high like 400$ range. The 3 port is fast as hell tunes easy and runs good with a 2013, also u can use a p3 or p4 plug n their easy to find. They last a good while 6-8 gallons. N u can get a matching pipe with the engine for like 400$. I would say the alpha line is far more reliable then the crf picco based engines as i didn't like the picco n how bad they hold a tune. I also saw the new line is alpha crf engines so I would read up on those new engines.