R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Help with RB TM523 PLEASE
View Single Post
Old 03-15-2010, 09:13 AM
Cadimman
Suspended

Trader Rating: 41 (100%+)

Originally Posted by geejay
had one - loved it - no problems

your lean bog is because must adjust a the throttle points , each engine is different. the bog is probably caused by chassis flex while turning.

The problem is that RB are not easy to tune, especially if your new to the hobby.

You need to fully break it in before you start drastically tuning it.

Take your time and set the EPA and Trim to the correct position.
Thanks for the advice. It's not fully broken in yet. EPA and trim is beautiful. Definitely not new to the hobby (that's why I'm a little confused). Not doing any turning yet, so chassis flex not an issue.

Originally Posted by Chris Peralta
I ran one of these several years ago and never had the problem with it leaning out when turning a certain direction. These engines are not Nova based engines like most RB's. These are Sirio based motors that were made my Star Motor so the carb isn't going to tune like RB's/Novas most are used to. Try to richen the LSN (raise the idle when you richen the LSN) and then try to set the HSN so it runs good at high speed. I do remember the carb is very sensitive and you need to make very small turns.
Thanks also for your advice. Did not know it was Sirio based. I used to have to tweak my Sirio 18 alot. Maybe their carbs are sensitive. What I'm finding odd (made me think of air leak) was if I "roll" on the throttle, top end is too rich; piles of smoke and lack of RPM and sounds like four cycling. But from a stop if I pull WOT it's a lean bog; no smoke and just about dies. We'll run some more fuel through it and retune. Found should be 6 turns out on HSN and 5 turns out on LSN. Also the plug listed is a "medium". Don't have an RB plug, so tried the OS. Seems to like the P3 better than P7.