R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Tekin RS ESC sensored
View Single Post
Old 03-12-2010, 07:53 PM
gubbs3
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Originally Posted by WIITA
Thanks, It threw me for a loop because in the first heat it was great with little fade. Second round comes around and traction comes up a little and I noticed a slight bit more fade than the last. In the main it just got worse with the more traction. What is that the result of? Sorry for all of the questions but I haven't been in the onroad game long and would like to learn these things. Thanks again!!!!!!
More traction means more friction. Its the same reason why we don't run pinks and magentas in stock, they're sticky which scrubs a ton of corner speed. That extra friction might have just pushed your setup over the limit of being too hot and caused the fade.

Another thing I'm pondering: If your setup has timing that comes in on the later side, as the battery drops off a bit, motor gets hot, tires go away, etc... That decreased speed might be enough to not let the timing come in towards the end of the run and cause it to feel like bad fade, just because you're no longer running in the sweet spot of your setup???