R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Kyosho V-ONE RRR EVO 2
View Single Post
Old 03-11-2010, 02:44 PM
Chickentrader
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Originally Posted by kyosho_ken
My 1st and 2nd spur gears on my new shimo edition are not lining up perfectly to match the clutch bell to be inline line with each other. I have the motor mount set as far forward as possible doesn't line up. I shimmed the clutch bell forward to match them as close as possible then my clutch shoe is to far from the bell, causing high rpm's too move the car, even after adjusting the spring. Not good. I am using the max power rr3 .12 .Do I need to put more washers behind the fly wheel?
I have also tried adjusting the rear gear shaft. I don't know whats up, if I did some thing wrong in the build or what. I didn't have this problem in my older rrr's. And does anyone have a proper fix for the slop between the outer hub bearings and the wheel hex/pin. I shimmed it up with cheap traxxas fiber washers. But I know very well I should not be doing that. thanks.
Have you checked that the "two speed holder (FM622)" is not too far out? Undo the grub screw, and see if you can move it closer the the bulkhead. The pinions and spurs line up perfectly in our Shimo without packing out the flywheel.

Also; our Shimo doesn't have any play in the hubs, but it was very tight, and the hex nut needed to be pushed in hard; using a tool.

I hope that I have understood your problems correctly, and that this is any help at all to you.

Kindest regards,
Lars.