R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - LRP SXX StockSpec ESC
View Single Post
Old 03-11-2010, 12:51 AM
vitomon
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by JSmall
I installed my new SXX SS in my RT5 & SC and I'm having a small issue. Both of them are cogging/hesitating once or twice during a 6 minute run. It's like the brakes are being applied for a split second on power or off power. I've tried different timing marks on the motors and new sensor wires. Thanks for any help.
same problem here!! throughout a 5 min run the motor suddenly breaks for a split second twice or three times. also some times when i try to accelerate out of corners it takes a split second before the esc applies the command to the motor. very strange.

we tried different motors (x11 and speedpassion 13.5T v3) with more or less conservative settings 3-4-8-0 (speedpassion) and 3-4-6-0 (x11). gearing was in the 5.5 range and motors both came off after 5 min with approx. 60 degC. other equipment was:

sanwa m11 x
SXX SS
Speedpassion 13.5T v3
LRP x11 13.5T SS
LRP 5300 40C lipo competition line

i have tried to reach lrp about this problem, but no real answer to the problem yet. i hope reto can shine some light on these troubles since i am clearly not the only one having this issues.

at last weekend's ETS race in warsaw there were many people experiencing the same stuff.