R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Kited my car
Thread: Kited my car
View Single Post
Old 03-11-2010, 12:34 AM
BigDogRacing
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

It's always a good idea to rebind the radio to the receiver AFTER you have made all major radio adjustments and gone through the receiver/esc sync process.

For those who aren't sure why or don't know- when you bind your radio and receiver, you are also setting the failsafe defaults. If you have to make any radio changes (ie servo reversing, subtrims etc) then your failsafe defaults won't be the same as when you binded the radio. After you have everything set up correctly, you can go back and simply go through the bind process again and your defaults will be correct.
Example- in nitro sedan I prefer my failsafe setting to be front tires straight ahead and just a slight amount of brake in case I lose power or get a glitch. So when I go back to do the final bind process, I put the receiver in bind mode, then when get ready to put the radio in bind mode, right before I click the bind button I use my throttle finger to apply a small amount of brake. You can also use the throttle trim to do this, then after binding adjust the trim back to zero.