R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Nitro Battery Box Charging
View Single Post
Old 03-10-2010, 02:21 PM
CaribbeanPirate
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by Tree
I want to charge my Lipo batteries without having to disconnect and remove them from the battery box. I have a switch that has a charge lead. I was thinking about drilling a small hole in the battery box to feed the charging lead through but I don't want to damage the insulation on the wires and I don't want the charge lead wire to come out and get tangled up in my drive train . My question is how are you guys charging your battereis without having to open the battey box and/or remove the battery and how are you securing the the wires so they don't get caught in your drive train? Any pics would be appreciated. Thanks in advance.
I've charged my 2S Lipo while still in the battery box and haven't had a problem.. But it is recommendable to take it out. In any case i think your best bet is to at least remove the tray cover and plug in your battery to the charger, don't drill more holes into your tray then more dust can come in and damage your receiver and electronics... and I would say never leave any cables loose or dangling around your car for any purpose.