R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - HPI's new F1
Thread: HPI's new F1
View Single Post
Old 03-10-2010, 02:12 PM
MikeR
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Originally Posted by timmig
I've been getting pretty good handling with S rear tires and M fronts. Although-- I was getting some of that inconsistant handling you're experiencing at high speeds. The steering linkage is near IMPOSSIBLE to get all the slop out of. I'm thinking of modifying my chassis top plate so I can mount the steering servo up front--use a Kimbro saver and direct link to the steering arms.--
I was able to run low 16 second runs with my F103 foam tire car--and low 17 second runs with the HPI rubber tire car on the same track last night at WC.
I'm thinking the car needs a rear sway bar---I'll be tinkering to see if that addition would work also>

FYI
Tim
Sway bar takes away traction so maybe you'll want it on the front?
I know what you mean by the steering links I have decided to put a better grade servo so that I can eliminate the servo saver (kimbrough). Felt like the servo saver would let the car wander a bit at times.
I was doing 16.5's-16.8's on the current layout but feel I could do much better if I could drive more sure footed down the straight. Like I said the infield section the car was great