R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - IFMAR Pre-Worlds -- Video
View Single Post
Old 03-10-2010, 12:41 PM
griz11
Tech Addict

Default All fixed now

Sorry about that. Should have slept before trying to type in the post That was a long edit. I finally got everything ready about 5am. I'll try and do the next part tonight. It will go much quicker now that I have the two tapes synched up. Thanks for downloading the vid. It is higher quality than the streaming version.

Its Mp4. If you have quicktime or vlc viewer or many others it will play just fine. Windows 7 finally has an avc (Mp4) encoder. For other versions of windoze I recommend the CoreAVC codec. Its 15 bucks downloadable and quick to install with no problems. If you have nvidia video hardware it will use the accelerated features of the card. The fastest avc codec out there. Once you have this installed you can play the Mp4 in media player with no problems except they won't show up in the file picker unless you go to the box and make it show all files. Media player until Windoze 7 is ignorant of avc files. It has its own form of mp4 witch is not compatible with the rest of the world. You will see more and more avc H.264 because its so efficient. The part one file is 41 gig and the hiqual mp4 is 266mb. Quite a big difference and tweaked properly very little loss of quality. Since version 8 of the flash player it will playback H.264 avc video no problem. Just like it was Flash. Simplifies the whole process of getting the stream to the user. I'm pleased with the way this set of tapes came out. I was very conservative on close ups. First time at a track I tend to do that. With the long races I got plenty of practice and now have that track down pat. A 1 hour main is HARD to shoot. I only rested up about 5 minutes out of the whole deal and most of that was to save some tape just in case it ran a little long. 63 minute tape leaves very little safety margin so I always save a bit in the middle of the race when things are settled down.

Griz