R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - CRC Battle Axe, GenXPro 10, 1/10th pan, Brushless, Lipo,4c, Road, Oval,TipsandTricks
Old 03-09-2010, 09:58 PM
John Stranahan
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)

MWC5- You are very welcome.

JS Pro 200 kit on CRC Battle Axe 2.0
Here are a couple of pics of the latest prototype. I expect final parts to be shipped to me this week. The complete car will have, the SRC Heavy duty offset pod, the 3-link rear end, the Dual A-arm front end, the Shortie bumper and CRC's stiff foam bumper with mounting kit. I have used steel screws where I like steel screws and Aluminum screws in places that have not given me any trouble. The center post on the front of the rear pod is omitted. The pod top plate is much straighter than the centered pod one so it should survive the task. The Panhard bar is moved farther forward than previous editions for more monster pinion clearance. A similar sample is out being tested in New York. I will build this up further and give a weight. (36.8 ounces with voltage increaser from Novak, see pic 3 with body posts and body)
So what will you gain. More mechanical traction will allow the use of harder tires for less rolling friction in the 1 cell classes. Best gains will be on asphalt.

I like that new rear crossplate and will order some more. The speed control will fit under the left side without a fan. I especially like the micro side Body post adjustments available from the closely spaced holes.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	JS Pro 200 kit on CRC Battle Axe 003.JPG
Views:	678
Size:	119.4 KB
ID:	565678   Click image for larger version

Name:	JS Pro 200 kit on CRC Battle Axe 004.JPG
Views:	687
Size:	114.0 KB
ID:	565679   Click image for larger version

Name:	JS Pro 200 Battle Axe.JPG
Views:	279
Size:	131.7 KB
ID:	570750  

Last edited by John Stranahan; 03-22-2010 at 01:52 PM.