R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Shepherd Velox V10
View Single Post
Old 03-09-2010, 02:36 PM
Josh Cyrul
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Just wanted to comment on how great of a roll out we had for the V10 at the Pre-WC. Last year, we had a few races with prototype versions of the V10 but this was the first race we had together as a team with production cars and I must say I think all of us at Shepherd walked away from the event quite happy. 3 cars in the Final (more than the other mfg's - 2 Mugen, 2 Xray, 2 Serpent, 1 Capricorn and 3 Shepherd V10's) and between Ielasi and I, we lead about 50% of the laps in the final. Unfortunetly, he had a flame out running just short on fuel that cost him a solid chance at the win and I had a crash late in the race that put me out.

Patrick was running 3rd in the Semi Final when he had a bad crash in the pit lane that ended his day or we could have had all 4 Shepherd V10's in the Final.

All weekend, we all ran quite a bit different set-ups but as we tested more we started to hit on common things that worked for all of us out on the track. I think with a little more testing we will have a very strong base set-up for the WC track as we prepare for the race in a few months time. I'll write out a set-up sheet and get it posted here and on the CEFX site in the next few days for my set-up from the final.

I just wanted to thank and congratulate Patrick, Alex (coupe), Armin, Ielasi & Jilles for a fun and very productive weekend of testing and racing. Thanks to Ira for the pit work in the final!! For the WC, we will have a few more top drivers in attendance and we most definatly have a solid chance at making a run at the title.

Congrats to Paolo for a great run in the Final and we'll see everyone back down there in a few months time!!

Last edited by Josh Cyrul; 03-10-2010 at 07:19 AM.