R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Going brushless RC10T4
View Single Post
Old 03-09-2010, 09:22 AM
monsterbft
Tech Initiate

Yep, jmcvicker is right, the T4 with 5700 on 3s is ballistic, realistically undriveable but with self control and some radio adjustmens to limit throttle you can get all thrills you can stand. The 4600 on 2s is more than enough to keep you happy too and keeps wear & tear down. I had problems blowing out the pin drive rear wheels with the 5700, can't keep the nuts tight enough. There are several 17mm conversions available from AKA & such but I used some plastic 12mm hexes from either Associated TC4(Tower) or RPM has them too. They have the same pin notch & axle diameter and fit tighter, they help spread the load over a larger area and hold up to brushless power OK. I got a set of Proline premounted Switch tires on Sixer wheels from Tower P/N#LXXUM8. I ran the 5700 in my SC10 as well and went with the AKA 17mm hex conversion and wheels and never had any problems. It was to much for the 2wd truck so I went to a 3800kv Novak motor and its perfect on 2s, very driveable & plenty of speed & punch. Hope this helps.