R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - CEN Matrix TR
Thread: CEN Matrix TR
View Single Post
Old 03-09-2010, 01:08 AM
wriffwraff
Tech Adept

Default use lower holes in the shock tower

Originally Posted by bdobby
How are you guys running lower body mounts to run these bodies? Im still running the big bulky stock body.
My TR is converted to the BCE chassis set up and I'm running FRE buggy chassis braces and RTR towers. Having said that, you have to lower the front and rear posts. Easier said than done, but as best you can, lower the rear and front mounting posts. The shock towers have lower holes, so use those holes instead. Also, the MBX6T body, naturally sits a little lower anyway. So if you lower your posts, that body will sit way lower than the stock CEN body. Matter of fact, I had to cut off a significant portion of the rear of my stock body after I lowered the posts for my first JConcepts body. Irony is, I never really ran the stock CEN body. I went out and bought a JConcepts body almost immediately after I purchased this truggy.

Anyway, lower your posts. Keep in mind, you'll have to cut out a spot for the rear wing mount b/c with the body sitting lower, you have to make room for the wing mount. It's not much though and it really has no effect on the appearance of the body. However, as stated before, I think the current ideal body is the latest MBX6T body... not to be confused with the yellow "Yamaha" body in my previous post. That design goes over the shock towers, whereas, the new MBX6T body does not. It stops short of the rear shock tower, which is a huge plus. Losi and HB started that brilliant trend with their latest truggies.

This is all good, however, I wish manufacturers would thicken the hood mold/mould to help slow the front body mount cracks that rapidly develop. Perhaps they should scoop up or bubble up the entire hood area, to keep it off of the front shock towers or put reinforced teardrop nostrils in the hood to expose the front towers, so that they are out of the way of the body.

Note: My rant and thoughts stem from several runable bodies just laying around idle, b/c the front body mount holes are all cracked and jacked up on them.

Last edited by wriffwraff; 07-12-2010 at 03:57 AM.