R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Tekin RS ESC sensored
View Single Post
Old 03-08-2010, 06:55 PM
twk-b
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Skiddins
Don't underestimate how fast a car is traveling through the corners.
On the following track;

The slowest corners are the 180deg at the end of the sweeper to the left, and the 180 right in the middle of the photo, even there the 13.5's are doing 14mph.

With my gearing at 6.38 (10.5) even through the slowest corner my motor is at 12,000rpm.

I raised my rpm settings from 5600/14000, to 8500/20,000, meaning my timing is from 10mph to 24mph, we were topping out around 43mph on the straight and even getting as high as 40 in some of the infield.

Running this layout;

Every change of around 1.0 in the FDR equates to around 1400 change in rpm.
Sick looking track! Great information! More numbers and data to crunch instead of wasting precious track time.... and confirmation I am headed in the right direction....

Cant wait to try sliding the scale as you did...

I am running right in around 6.0 FDR so after doing a baseline at my current (48XX) I will try at 7XXX, 9XXX, 11XXX and 13XXX (keeping the MAX-MIN range the same)...

12,000 RPM converted by FDR will be around 11250, so the 13000 setting I should see lag coming off the corner... and our track is a fair margin smaller

I am guessing that with each step the punch will increase, and temps will trend toward 110 (or lower even? *gasp*)... I should then be able to compress the range (lower the end RPM), and hopefully see Consistant temps...

the "simple" reasoning says that my end RPM should be similar to what it is now, because I have that much timing applied already by that RPM.... but from my exp with turbo and ramp, how quickly the timing comes in seems to multiple the heat....

I cant even imagine how fast the car will be going if I can get over the temp variance issue, never mind having even close to 40F temp to play with...wow... My driving will need some work

next question is, what is the telemetry system of choice?

-b