R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Battery Puffers
Thread: Battery Puffers
View Single Post
Old 03-08-2010, 04:39 PM
shanty140
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

I agree when a person is asking what buggy would be best in the nitro section and someone says to get an electric because it is better, is annoying. But both nitro and electric have there strong and weak points. I have both and like them equally. A lot of people who run nitro or electric are biased on what they run and will say it's best and the other sucks. But most of the time these people have never run, or don't know enough about the other. If a person is blowing up Lipo's or ESC all the time they do not know what they are doing. It's simple as that. But it's the same with nitro, if a person is always blowing up engines or always chasing a tune, they don't know what they are doing. But when starting out it's going to happen with either. LOL I remember when I started with nitro, I cooked my motor in the first week. But now that I have stuck with it and learned I don't have a problem with tuning or running nitro. Yes electric is easy to learn from and just easier to use. But that is because in nitro you are having to listen to the sound of the engine, and see the amount of smoke coming out of the engine, etc. And learning that can take time to get the experience. But in electric it is literally plug and play. Most of the time when a person blows a Lipo, the problem could of been avoided. The battery will show signs of there being a problem. And like nitro, knowing these signs can take time to learn them. But I am not saying a battery just never blows without a problem. In electric you need to know what you can charge the battery at, how much C your battery needs, what ESC settings you need, etc. But that is no different then knowing what % of nitro you need, what glow plug, etc.