R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Hotbodies Subaru Impreza Type B Body
View Single Post
Old 03-07-2010, 10:01 PM
wcalaker
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Ran this body for the first time in 17.5 rubber sedan on med grip carpet. I have a TC5 that runs very well with the setup i currently have and I typically run a Mazda Speed 6.

The Subaru body painted easily, the cutouts were easy. The body looks great in a single color with some stickers. The body is a bit thin, i am going to put some shoe goo to reinforce the wheel wells, they cracked already on some very minor hits today.

Today was a good day to test this body because the track was the same as it was before when i ran my Speed 6 so it was easy to tell what the body was doing.

The best i ever did on this track layout was 26 laps with my S6. Today with the Subaru body i got 25, 27 and 27 laps. My personal best. I broke in the main though spur gear stripped.

The body seemed extremely stable in the straights. Very stable in the turns. I want to say it seemed to push a little more on the exit but that seems to be my driving style. I would say the big difference with this and the speed 6 is that it seemed to help my car transistion from left to right through the chicanes a little better, not sure why but i didnt do any changes to the cars setup other than change the body.

All in all, a good body for those who dont want to have the same body as everyone else does. Body looks good and i had a bunch of people asking me about it. I would recommend it for sure.