R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - New ACADEMY 1/10 scale 2WD BUGGY
View Single Post
Old 03-07-2010, 06:25 PM
ifuonlyknew
Suspended

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Yeah Josh I had all of the Diggity stuff on my last GV2. I was running the 4mm towers, but for some reason the rear tower is 4mm taller than the stock so it made my car ride like one of those tail dragging 64 impala low riders. I wanted to email Diggity and see if they could make some 4mm thick towers that retain the stock geometry. I have just been running the stock stuff, but I put longer screws through the top of the shock the other way, then a non-lock nut, then the appropriate spacers, then the shock bushing, and finally a lock nut. Basically it is setup like a Losi or Associated. Get rid of the stock Academy screws as they bend too easy. The Stainless ones that come with the Diggity stuff bend too.

Yesterday was the opening day for the indoor off-road track at amainhobbies. It was so awesome. The facility was really nice and clean. It has a well stocked snackbar, clean bathrooms, and you could order parts and they would go get them for you right then, and they don't charge anything to race. Not to mention amainhobbies is located in Chico, CA which is world famous for Chico State, a HUGE party school, as a result of that there is a hot girl that works the register for the snackbar, and she orders your parts and pulls them from the warehouse for you! As for the track itself, we stayed on slicks all day and had more traction than we knew what to do with. I went from 25 to 27.5 degrees of caster to calm down the steering, and moved my rear hubs forward 1mm to get some more rear traction. By the main my car was dialed. I qualified 5th, and finished 3rd. My car was a bucket though, the shocks are in dire need of a rebuild and my diff is self destructing, so I ordered a bunch of parts while I was there and I am going to rebuild her from the ground up. I am going up 5wt on the oil all the way around and switching to the black Academy springs all the way around. Basically the same setup I was running in Columbus, OH. I have a few more ideas for some stuff I wanna try. It is so nice having such a great facility open up, my desire to race has been renewed. My former "home" track was run so terribly (i'll spare you guys from the details, but if you can imagine a problem, this track had it). The only reason I ran there was because it was the closest electric off-road track. It was the same for most of the racers around here. Yesterday was like being set free, after being enslaved for the last five years (how long I have been running at the other track).