R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Yokomo MR-4TC SD
View Single Post
Old 02-09-2004, 07:55 AM
Horatio
Tech Elite

Originally posted by Kenneth Tan
Is there a reason why 1.77 low ratio pulleys were released for the Xray T1/Evo2 despite what stock ratio it has when the car was launched? I am quite sure Xray drivers could achieve whatever final ratios they wanted with both internal ratios. So could that explaination (whatever it is?) be applied to this discussion?
And you can add the Schumacher Mission to the list as well. It has an internal ratio option - one for short tracks, the other for large tracks. With the mission this option is included with the kit as far as I know.

It simply increases the range of ratios the car has available, that's all. At no point has Schumacher claimed that the optional pulley 'increases run time' or 'makes your motor run cooler'.

When the SD 2.5 option was being described as an upgrade on this thread a couple of weeks ago, the person making this these wild claims had one intention only - to sell as many as possible!

As soon as we all questioned him, he disappeared. Now Mo has actually tried the 2.5 kit and likes it - the discussions are back on The theory behind changing the internal ratios should apply to any TC, so I guess you're right to mention the Xray.