R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - LRP SXX StockSpec ESC
View Single Post
Old 03-06-2010, 05:49 AM
StevenOlsen
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by hacker
I always thought 'feel' setting is like the expo function on your transmitter. Not going to make it accelerate any quicker, but just narrows up the powerband where you want it.

is it fair to say your gearing the sxx ss about 6fdr with a 17.5?

boost setting on 4 seems rather low, do you race on a small track?

have you tried 10boost with a higher fdr?
the feel is how smooth or how much feel you want, så you could say it like the expo on your transmitter have just never think of it like that.

right now im gearing 8 fdr. but yes it is on a small really track the streght is about 20 meter and about 100 meter on a lap.

4 in boost is low but have problems with the motor temp so just set the speedo in boost 4 and tryed testing feel and fdr. will test next saturday just putting the ESC in 10 on feel and test the boost and fdr to find the perfekt setup on the ESC.

i have also tryed the ESC with both boost and feel in 10 but on a Speed Passion 17.5 and no problems geared like a tekin 7.0 (on 480m2 carpet). but the X12 have so much timming build in already so it just gets hot . tryed it geared 8 fdr and after 2 min the motor was 130 celcius on the 480m2 track

so my starting point on the ESC on the track with the testing i have done would be 3, 8-10, 3-4, 0-1. and gear 2fdr lower then on a SPX or about the same as a Tekin and ofcouse with a x12 17.5 its really just testing what the best setting is for your track. and remember to tjek temp offen in the beginning so you dont burn the motor