R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Castle Creations Mamba Max Pro Sensored ESC
Old 03-06-2010, 05:22 AM
bodymot
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by maxg123456
Good to hear that you sorted the switch Ben. What did you change on the esc when you put in the 10.5, or did you leave on the same settings you used on the 13.5? Also, did you get a chance to come up against the SXX and compare?

I'm amazed that the SXX looks so lumpy. When I saw it I thought the same as you, especially on the middle of sweepers! - Perhaps the 'feel' was set too high on it.
By the way, I had no idea Darren had the Mamba LOL!
Hi Max, now I am getting use to the MMP and smoothing my throttle finger. Getting some ideas revs range. You can make it punchy on the straight, narrow rev range or really smooth wide rev range. Finding the range is not just only how long the straight is but what FDR you use and motor (Like TRYHARD all ready mention). Ran Ballistic 10.5, FDR 6.8 and found 5,800 was not letting the cheat come in till over half way down the straight, ended at 4,200 starts. Max I’m thinking now to running how we used to with SPX in the 8.+ FDR using the revs but now we can set were the timing comes in and how much timing. Sorry but say what I see the LRP SXX is fast but over rated, like a on and off switch with loads of faults. MMP setup right is a lot smoother and when the sweet spot is found will be just as quick or even faster. After seeing how fast Darren SP 13.5 motor was and TRYHARD second choice of motor, just ordered SP V3 10.5 motor to try.
Ben
What would be great if when you custom set rpm start range that the end rpm was not preset and you could enter your own?

Last edited by bodymot; 03-06-2010 at 05:31 AM. Reason: make even better