R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Team Losi JRXS Type-R
View Single Post
Old 03-06-2010, 05:10 AM
Greg Sharpe
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Hyper Mike
Greg's comment a few posts ago about rear toe reminded me of a question I had been meaning to ask...is there any difference between toe at the hinge-pin versus toe at the hub? Would I get the same results by running 1 degree hubs with a 1 degree rear block as I would running 0 degree hubs with the 2 degree rear block?...
Rear toe at the hubs is just rear toe. However, rear toe at the hingepins will throw more weight forward when you lift off the throttle. You'll notice more and more chassis manufacturers using hingepin toe as they get wise to it. Xray was the most recent convert.

For the record, the Type-R has one degree drilled into the inner pivot block mounting holes, so even if you are running a 0' pivot block and 0' rear hubs, your car will still have 1' of rear toe. As another example, if you are running a 2' rear pivot block and 1' rear hubs, your car then has 4' of rear toe. The rear hubs can be mounted backwards (left on the right and vice versus) to reduce rear toe at the hubs, which is very helpful in my opinion.