R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - TC3 Forum
Thread: TC3 Forum
View Single Post
Old 02-08-2004, 07:30 PM
DaveW
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Back from the Birds... ALOT of competition! I had a horrible glitch issue through all of my practice runs and my first qualifier, with minor occasional hits during the last two qualifiers. It was really hard to get a clean run! I ran Sportsman 19T with the Epic adjustable 19T motor. I qualified 9th in the B main, a family situation caused me to leave early and had a DNS for the main. The track wasnt too technical, but the amount of grip was amazing... over 10,000 collective laps were run on the first day of controlled practice!! You can imagine the rubber on the carpet. In all my years of racing i have never had to set a car up to get RID of traction!! The track began to deteriorate, and by the first day of qualifying, it was hard on TC and REAL hard on 1/12th scale. By my third qualifier, there were pieces of duct tape on parts of the track where the carpet was worn away!! Mind you, this carpet was installed brand new on Sunday, and worn out in a week! At any rate, the TC3 ran well. I broke only twice during practice, one was a front outdrive, the second was a front arm and hingepin. Not bad for so much fender rubbing there!

Proficar403 was in my main as well, he was two seconds ahead of me, and drove very well all weekend! His TC3 center brace pictured earlier in this thread was sweeeet! Ill see ya at TFB soon!! MikeWebb, it was good to meet you man! I didnt get to watch the mains but i hope you did well! Arvin Nano, good to see you again bro, hope to run with ya again next year! Melvin, all i can say is, thank you for all of your help, it was great to pit/race with you again! Just makes me miss racing with ya all the more... Until next year...

- Dave