R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - savage xl and rotostart problem
View Single Post
Old 03-05-2010, 01:51 PM
gazzazh
Tech Rookie

Default savage xl and rotostart problem

HI ALL,

I got my savage xl yesterday, and today when i was breaking in the engine i had a problem with the rotostart. On the 3rd static tank the engine started and then stopped, when i tried to restart it, the rotostart would not turn the engine and it seemed that the shaft was locked. i check if the engine was flooded but it was not. the 1st and second tank were fine and the engine was running cool at around 100 to 110 Fahrenheit, i did not touch the high needle and had the intention of doing that on the 4th tank. I have 2 questions.
1- why is the rotostart shaft locked ? and what i am supposed to to remedy that ?
2- since the break-in stopped on the 3rd tank and i will have to do it tomorrow will that effect my engine in any way ( am i going to have a bad engine because i did not continue with the break in )

The engine was running rich and i heard that sometimes oil will get into the engine shaft and that would lock the shaft and not make it turn with the rotostart, is this the problem, please help... thanks