R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Tekin RS ESC sensored
View Single Post
Old 03-04-2010, 07:18 PM
theisgroup
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

i have only run 2 layouts with the same motors. since I have a novak sentry, i have no reason to try different motors at different tracks or layouts. i have a duo 1 17.5 from eXpress Motorsports. this motor was purchase before vegas 2009. i would call our track a big track. my low rpm was around 1900 and the high was 11,800 on the back straight and 8836 in the infield. this is with a 91mm roll out and a 40mm rear tire. the track is about 100x40 and we run about 3/4 of an oval for the back straight.

to give you an idea. without turbo or timing, my baseline was a low of 2968 and a high of 12,875 on the back straight and on the infield 8,042

I am not sure how much value these numbers are because imho tekin setups now need to take into account too many variable to make a setup work everywhere. I can tell you that this setup really is setup for our track the day I ran it. this was after 3 round of looking at sentry data and adjusting start rpm, end rpm, turbo delay and gear ratio. this setup was basically optimized as much as I could for the track. I was able to put a full lap on my best times. I rarely find any change that I can do that with.