R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - ALTOONA RACEWAY FORUM
View Single Post
Old 03-04-2010, 05:02 PM
NeverATiteLine
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

well a few things running threw my mind, Its not that i am NOT interested in dirt oval, but I dont want to spend 500-1000 for a whole new "set-up" plus like Jason stated g's had a oval put in for 2 years, was CLOSE to a oval track that shut down and still never got used, the clay, money, and man power that would be put into the oval could all be put into the off road. I think one superb track with everyones main attention focused on one track there is more of a chance of a big turn out, rather then "dividing" the races between 2 tracks.

As far as the numbers go, I have mixed feelings, I agree it would make the announcers job easier, but I am one of those ppl that spend the money for "walt disney to throw up on my car" maybe its just me but I like to have a nice looking body, especially when i travel to other tracks, a nice looking body not only attracts attention to your car but it also looks good for your home track. I know if i saw a bunch of spray bombed basher looking cars I dont think I would want to go to that track for fear of getting bashed to death. So basically as far as the numbers go, I am game as long as they can be applied to my walt disney body in a tasteful manner and not look like Fred from lowes came and glued house numbers to my hood.