R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Losi vs AE vs Mugen vs Xray
View Single Post
Old 03-04-2010, 07:15 AM
Johnieblaze
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)

geejay, I understand where you're coming from with the losi. But please understand that just because guys are serious racers doesn't necessarily reflect they're choices in brand. I've played with many great basketball players who wore cheap sneakers and still whip everyone on the court. A choice to pick one brand over the other is a personal choice regardless of skill. I've owned just about every buggy and truggy on the market, only because I like to try different things. Now....losi 2.0 buggies and truggies are great driving vehicles, in fact, I think they changed the game in that regard. However, one cannot dispute the fact that Losi's success is primarily due to it's marketing ingenuity and podium finishes by drivers that could win with anything. Furthermore, it's also a fact that many losi drivers purchase losi because of those factors. If you put xray, mugen, or any other brand in the place of losi......they would sell based on the same premise.

Originally Posted by geejay
Yes I am very serious. You can dibble and dabble all you want, the fact of the matter the better claimed car is not where to be found in the US. Where Im at there are alot of serious racers, which you will see if you come to Nats, but out of all the serious racers here, I have seen 2 drive an Xray.Only 2. Im not talking about newbies that run what ever the LHS tells them too, but guys that wrench everyday, race every weekend, I dont see alot. Watchin the Nitro Challenge - I didnt see many. Just like Honda or Toyota IMO makes a better car, you see alot on the road. Mugen has caught on here in the US and they are makin a push to be crowned with AE and Losi, I would have thought that because the Xray is so much better that the 3 time National Champion that I would see in on the podium more here in the US.... Im not saying its bad... I love my Losi and all the so called slop, that i just dont see, have not broken a part and never seen arms tweeked upward.... Call it what you want but I buy what proven not what looks better.