R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Crankshaft filling
View Single Post
Old 03-03-2010, 07:14 AM
Integra
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Originally Posted by mblgjr
The GE 118 should work fine; Reid wouldn't recommend it otherwise.

GE RTV 116 may also be an alternative (same as 118 it appears; but red and good to 500F)

118 is good to 400F.

I had a tube of the Shin-Etsu red, self-leveling RTV and have used it plenty of times without failure. It's the Japanese "hard to get" stuff; got it from Reid.

I'm not sure why it's so hard to get though.

The self-leveling products may not be for everyone as you have to make yourself a level jig/fixture that can hold the crank for several days while the silicone dries. You also have to "pour" the product; since it's about the consistency of warm/room temp honey. Getting the proper amount takes a little finesse but the end result is perfection.
the Japanese stuff is so hard to get due to the fact you have to order a case(20+ tubes) and reid told me that the shipping time takes month's as they themselves order it from somewhere else and wait on the shipping.

Rich had bad thing's to say about 1211 but i call his bluff as i know dozen's of people from modder's to just overly concerned user's about leaks....imo its the best nitro proof sealant out there BAR none.