View Single Post
Old 03-02-2010, 04:24 PM
Timmie
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by SoCalGuy
Timmie,
Thanks again for the info
Actually, I just recently purchased the tuning spring set (forgot to note it). Wouldn't mind getting an assortment of suspension blocks, but with dozens to choose from I wouldn't know where to begin
Regarding the sway bar, I was planning on getting that as well. Can you provide me with the correct numbers of the parts I would need? I know I need the bar, the stoppers, and probably some other over-priced goodies to attach them.
Its funny you mentioned visiting the local track. I drive by one everyday here in Camarillo, California, that I here is pretty good. The "Roadrunners" are the local RC group that holds the races (most likely you have heard of them). I plan on swinging by one day this week after work and check it out.
Have a good Monday!
Don (SoCal)
Yes the suspension blocks can be a little confusing at first, but once you see the way they work in relation with each other it will all make sense. I suggest you read the Andrew Kuntze article on Tamiya's site http://www.tamiyausa.com/articles/fe...article-id=412 as it breaks things down well and is good reference for the future. If you need further explanation let me know.

As far as the swar bar set goes you have a couple of options. You can purchase Tamiya #53842 which is a kit with different thickness sway bars and the mounting hardware needed to mount them to the car...minus the Tamiya blue "bling " parts.

Or you could purchase the parts individually from a TRF car (to get the pretty blue parts) that uses the same short reversible suspension (416 *actually not short suspension but same sway bars*,416WC,416X Evo5MS) And the only differences in the sway bars will be color, but the same options...small, medium and large.

Parts needed for the "bling" sway bars (from 416)* note I do not know how many pieces come in the package on these so you will need to check into that. The quanity I am listing for you is TOTAL pieces needed*

9808028 X1 - Front medium sway bar (black)
51070 X1 - Rear soft sway bar (black)
53892 X 4 - Turn buckle shaft 3X10mm
53644 X 4 - Stabilizer end
53827 X 4 Rod stopper
9805777 X 12 - 3X2.5mm grub screw ( you will need 4 of these to secure the bar against the diff cases with part 16 of A parts #51351)
53601 X 4 - Adjuster (using these you will need to cut them shorter by 5mm)
Or you can substitute 53601 for 51111 and save on having to cut anything.
And last would be 4, 3X8mm screws to hold 51351 to the diff case.

Yes I have heard of the track, I have friends that race there. Go out and give it a whirl....I'm sure you will like it