R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Starter box Lipo rewire help.
View Single Post
Old 03-02-2010, 10:51 AM
AndysD8
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 40 (100%+)

Originally Posted by skoalisbad4me
i really dont see any need to run those expensive losi or protec batteries in just a starter box. i run the cheapo zippy lipo 4000mah 30c. i think it cost me like $21 and it works great! i charge it and i can jump my motor for about a full month on one charge and that is racing every weekend and practice during the week. only problem is that it comes from hong kong but i had it in about 6 days
I second everything you said! There's no need to pay the high prices that are asked for some lipos. Last time I checked you didn't need a roar approved sticker on a starter box lipo!

A bit off subject but the other night I was looking for a quick way to discharge a 2s lipo and since I had rewired my box with the deans connector I just put it in there. It gave the starter box more "pop" then any nicad or gel cell I have ever used. So, my question is, in the event of an emergency would it be ok to use a 2s lipo in place of a 4s? Would it cause any damage to the lipo? I thought of this after I had starte using my starter box to discharge the lipo, so I stopped until I can get a answer.