R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Tamiya TRF416 / TRF416WE / TRF416X
View Single Post
Old 03-02-2010, 09:17 AM
artwork
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 88 (100%+)

Originally Posted by s13evo
you have any extras for sale?

Yes, I will but not sure how many...I will post when I know for sure. I need to get more testing completed before I let them go out into the world. I don't have very many right now...but if there is interest I could get some more made.

When I first posted them I got very little response...glad to see there is some interest even if it is small.

I see this as really the only issue with the car...so if Tamiya wont fix it then I will.

If these blocks on this car we designed a little better then I think this would be the perfect car. Don't get me wrong it is still the best car available in my opinion, but not perfect. The HB blocks are great, the Serpent blocks look really string, but the Tamiya blocks are flawed in their design. the step is just too deep not leaving enough material to keep the block from twisting. The outside walls are too thin as well. These new blocks address both of those issues. They are not the sexiest blocks ever, but they are very functional and seem to work very well.

If I had enough made I would get them anodized but with the short run of prototypes I did I just cannot justify the costs of anodizing.

My plan is to develop some 1F, IC, 1D blocks as well, but unless there is interest then i wont waste my money. It costs a lot of money to have prototypes made...

I have some bigger pics up on www.projectgreenracing.com