R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Pro-line new tire!
View Single Post
Old 02-28-2010, 07:50 PM
punkracer24
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Originally Posted by pyromania
Bow-Ties to Hole-Shots to Calibers. They just wear too fast when compared to their rivals similar tread pattern.
I respectfully disagree. the proline M3 is a touch softer than the AKA softs but, particularly on the caliber, they wear just as good if not better when it comes to the big pin tire. Also in my experience. when you can run a SOFT in other brands an M2 in proline rubber will work just as well and provide even better wear. i think the confusion comes in the fact that it might not be as easy as M3=Soft (AKA), I am sure they stake claim to there rubber compounds and no two are the same and it is my impression from some people that the proline M# is softer than the aka standard soft.

Originally Posted by (MRC)Scotty!
Well I saw pics of it finally.. And I am not impressed with it.. I'm sure it will be a good tire for cerain conditions, but I doubt it'll be as good as AKA City Block..
agreed, the new tire looks like it will work very well for a blue grooved/hard packed track. I do not think it is intended to run on surfaces that a city block would. in those conditions i would recomend a caliber for you.