R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - 1/8th Nitro On-Road - Edam Razor
View Single Post
Old 02-28-2010, 07:40 PM
DS Motorsport
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Leichtmetall
Sorry, if i misunderstand this. Do you think, the more expensive Pro-Kits are much better?
Look on Championship in Luxemburg. Ruud Schuitmaker was Master there with the Edam Spirit. http://edamracing.blogspot.com/2009/...lusenburg.html
Have a look on the Blog of Edam.
It is one thing to have a competetive Car, but it is another thing to have a driver, who can show it. OK, an Xray i build out of Kit with Setup from manual and i have a quick Car. That is the disadvantage from Spirit, you have to find out a good Setup yourself. But therefore are the distributors, they will help you in any way with support.
And the Razor is not much slower too. If you will work a little on it, it can be a fast car to. The young germand Driver Björn Möhring reached the Final in german chapionship Class 2. He was faster than many other Drivers with "pro-kits-on-a-high-Level" And in German Hobby-Cup, where all Drivers have to use an Novarossi N21 5T Engine, Timo Schröder was 4th overall and i was 8th overall.
Beginning will be hard for everyone, but Basics are OK.
Stephan
Still Ruud isn't as fast with his Edam as when he was with his Serpent 720.
But from what he told me, Edam is really working hard to improve the car and get it closer to the top end kits.
Also with Rene Cornella on the team, I think stuff will improve rapidly.