R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Can't decide B4.1/T4.1
View Single Post
Old 02-28-2010, 07:05 PM
BadHeli
Tech Initiate

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Originally Posted by rc10t4
I just picked up a FTT4 roller with all kinds of spare parts for $150 shipped
I'm still waiting for the T4.1 to become available. The date has slipped from Late Feb to Mid March according to Tower. I couldn't wait (itchy fingers) so I've ordered a HPI Blitz RTR. I think I'll probably still get a T4.1 when they're available in a couple of months.

I did consider the SC10 and maybe should have gone that way given it shares a lot of the same parts as the T4, but the Blitz has been getting some excellent reviews for being good to race out of the box with minimal adjustment. It's also meant to be tough and jumps well, which were two of my main criteria. Anyway it seemed a pretty good deal for the price, so I'll see how it goes. I'll probably upgrade it to a brushless system, but the 15 turn brushed motor should be ok to get me going while I'm getting to grips with it. Don't like the FM radio either, but it'll do for starters.

The advantage of getting the SCT is that there are more SCT runners at the track, so being a newbie hopefully shouldn't matter as much. I watched the ST's going around on the weekend, and the standard of driving was very high (not sure I'll be at that level for a while), whereas there was a bit more variation with the SCT drivers (from excellent to average).