R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - engine modifying
View Single Post
Old 02-06-2004, 03:39 PM
afm
Tech Master

Originally posted by Nrctc3
Murnan is a local guy here. He really doesn't do too much with his engines. All he does is get a JP and do some creative sanding. But honestly... How much more work can you do to a JP? After that he just resells the engine for $100 more.
Engine modifying is farely simple to do, but most engines dont require it. Just basically make a few quick grinds with the Dremel on every hole. But I wouldn't recomend it to a rookie.
I don't want to start an argument here but.......honestly you don't really mean what you've said.
For starters if you know what you're doing, of course it is simple...a cut here and a cut there but......after how many hours of study and trials and errors.
What is a JP engine anyway...it is a modified Novarossi by someone who knows. So what Uriah Murman does is take stock engines and do mods like JP, and quite frankly his engines rock. Now of course to an already modified engine he just probably optimizes little details, but if you've seen his Modified Sirios or Mugens, that is another ball game.
But it is not a question of how many cuts or grinding an engine has, but how, where and why you make them, and that my friend is the difference between a rookie and a pro, so don't flame out so easily the work of serious tuners.
You've said it yourself......"Wouldn't recomend it to a rookie".....so you are accepting it isn't so simple as a "few quick grinds with a Dremel on every hole"
AFM