R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Is there still a Team Brood??
View Single Post
Old 02-28-2010, 08:33 AM
cherry2blost
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Wes Briscoe
And where did I say it was?

The business model of a company buying motors bulk from Trinity or whoever and reworking them is dead. The only thing you are getting buy purchasing a motor from a motor tuner is another level of quality control; which anyone can do themselves.

This is coming from someone who was a tuner. After going through hundreds of brushless motors I realized I could probably make more money if I opeened a Taco Bell franchise.

Never once did I imply it is a "set it and forget it" Brushless motors are still evolving, as are the controllers.
Now I have bought 'off the shelf' brushless 10.5's from Novak, SpeedPassion and Team Powers. All 3 are very very good, but I bought an Ion Pro 10.5 from Jeff at Fantom and it IS 'better' in real use. I can only assume that they buy wagon loads of these motors, zap the magnets and check them for consistency prior to sending them out but it 'feels' and 'drives' better? Am not a Fanboy but I do love my Ion lol.

Maybe I was just lucky but my buddy bought an Ion 2 from Fantom and it is equally as good, if not smoother than my one. So to say the Tuner is dead is probably a little previous but I would agree that they will need to have alternate product lines to make up for the loss of revenue seeing as we are only buying 1 or 2 motors each YEAR now instead of 1 a month for Brushed.

Just my Tuppence.