R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - TT-01 Forum
Thread: TT-01 Forum
View Single Post
Old 02-27-2010, 07:42 PM
LargePiece
Tech Rookie

Default Sloppy steering and ball wear

I've always thought my tt-01 had pretty loose steering. It's not super bad but I've noticed some chassis seem to have a lot less play in them when you grab the wheels and give them a wiggle.

I noticed the play was getting worse a couple of days ago and unscrewed the bit where the front lower and upper arms are connected to the knuckle/uprights. The plastic balls/P7 part (which I've found from looking at other people's chassis are often made of metal) are super worn. This is causing the knuckles and subsequently the front wheels to sit much closer to the ground than they normally do and leads to the suspension only having 4-5 mm of travel before the chassis bottoms out at the front.

My two questions are:

1) Does anyone know what these ball bits are called and if there are any metal replacement balls I can get for the TT-01? I've had a browse on RC mart but haven't had any luck so far...

2) Also, I've read about steering linkage hop-ups (I assume to tighten the other general play in the steering) but haven't been able to find any on RC-mart. Has anyone seen these for the TT-01?

Cheers!