R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Castle Creations Mamba Max Pro Sensored ESC
Old 02-27-2010, 07:16 AM
maxg123456
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by bodymot
Radio set at 100% brake, When I first run this MMP Speedo I was over shooting corners, it felt like a on and off switch but it made my Novak motor 10.5ss like a rocket. After a time and I am still leaning to calm my fingers down, if I am smooth with finger the Speedo is smooth. You cant just go to max which I was doing with SPX stock spec and didn’t know it till I used MMP, This Speedo is so powerful. The punch control helps a lot. After using this Speedo I went back to Nosram spec for one race and it felt so slow, went straight back to MMP. I know what you mean about the ballistic it seem not as fast compared to the Novak 10.5 ss motor but after playing with the timing on motor and MMP cheat mode its nearly there. Do you need a net book to use this Speedo for playing around (No) for Racing (Yes) but I can see LRP/ Nosram going down that road! SXX will be out of date in 6 months or less, I know its wrong but I like the idea of up dating my Speedo for free by just down loading new software. I am just a club racer and not the best of drivers but I think MMP £125 is on par with some of the top Speedo’s which can't be updated and cost £100 more . I can put up with the soft brakes for now (only from high speed) I hope it’s just a software update needed because this would make this good Speedo great .
Ben
Great info there Ben

By the way, it's Max from Maritime. I noticed your car was stunning around the sweeper and on the straight on Thursday night
I left a PM for you, but you might not have spotted it.

Ben, can you tell me what settings you run at the moment, so I have a good starting point, because I am well interested in this thing. It may not have a huge brake, but for the money its pretty outstanding to look at in your machine!

Can you tell me your gearing in your xray, if the Novak has full timing on the can and the esc settings you currently have, as I would like to stick with the Novak ss.

I have started getting used to using initial brake on 1 and more drag brake on the SPX and I find its probably a bit faster round the lap this way. Unless the Mamba has next to no brake at all with drag at 100%, I think the thing is still the one for me. - I sort of know why this has not much of brake, because Novak has a very weak magnet effect and this usually compromises the brakes on Tekin/GM escs.