R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Serpent 710
Thread: Serpent 710
View Single Post
Old 02-06-2004, 12:17 AM
markp27
Tech Elite

Originally posted by Rene C.
Hi Guy’s.
Long time not responding, but I was keep reading and reading and reading,… .

Ok, we have some little problems with the 710, but we are working on solutions.
We will change the rear lower wishbone, the Bumper and body plate. We also will change the rear and front shock tower.
After the Winternats and the Pre-Worlds it could be possible that I will find some more things to change. We have a good and fast car, now lets get rid of the few weak points.

Keep going
Rene
Hi Rene,

I for one welcome such changes and developments, but know that some will critisise Serpent for this move.
Having experienced the world of big scale racing (i.e. F3, F3000 and F1) at first hand, I know that developement doesn't stop after the car is produced.
It is very hartening to see that Serpent admit to where the weak points are and are willing to fix them.
I also have a Tamiya EVO III and although there is a major problem with the one-way gear, Tamiya have simply ignored the problem and left the customers in an unfortunate situation. It was left to the customers to come up with solutions, meaning that the parts to solve this issues aren't allowed in certain races.

Keep up the good work, guys and I'm looking forward to getting my hands on my 710 very soon.

Mark.