R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Can't decide B4.1/T4.1
View Single Post
Old 02-26-2010, 02:24 PM
rc10t4
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

Originally Posted by BadHeli
I have looked at the FTT4 and wondered about it...

At this stage I don't want to part up the rusty, as I want to have 2 trucks in case 1 is off the road (and because I do like it). I know its not suited to racing though, and swapping out the electronics is an option I might consider down the track.

My reasoning for the T4.1 over FTT4 is I'm itching to get on the track with something (other than the rusty) and the initial outlay will be considerably less. No doubt I will want to upgrade it as I go along, and maybe end up costing more over time, but I'm cool with that. Having said that, one of the guys at the track also suggested I get a kit.

I'm still considering all options, and keeping an eye on the used market as well. There's a Losi XXX-CR buggy up for sale (body - no electrics - some spares). I haven't made an offer because I think he's asking too much - but if I could get it for a reasonable price do you think that would that be a good option...? It's in reasonable shape by the sound of it - been raced 6 times or so. It would end up costing more than a T4.1 RTR, but less than a FTT4 (once built). I will need a TR/RX, motor, esc and servo for anything other than RTR, so it adds up...

I haven't completely ruled out an SCT yet either. The SC10's are the most popular thing at the track. One of the guys just setup a new Ofna Hyper 10 SC Pro 4WD that seems to go really well and actually looked pretty cool. More dollars though. They run $270 for the kit.

I appreciate all the advice and suggestions. Thanks!
I just picked up a FTT4 roller with all kinds of spare parts for $150 shipped