R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Cheap Portable Air Compressor
View Single Post
Old 02-24-2010, 09:33 PM
InspGadgt
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by AreCee
I hope you don't mind this expression but the Sears one blows this one away. I have the Sears one up north and the same one you have downstate, I even bought it at Wal-mart too. It isn't even in the same class, it takes forever to get up to pressure and loud. Worst purchase I ever made might as well have thrown my money away. The only reason I got it was because Sears was out of stock and I didn't want to wait.

It just barely cleans the carpet fibers off when it has to run on because it lost all of its pressure with a couple shots. For $10 the Sears is a good deal, it's not the best, heck it's close to the bottom of acceptable but it's not the worst too.

For airbrushing I use a Grex compressor (retail $200) it is the best little compressor you can get for airbrush. A little pricey but you do get what you pay for.
That may be...but it does get the job done and works just fine for me...mine isn't all that loud so maybe something is wrong with yours. I've even had people comment they expected it to be louder. Works just fine for airbrushing because the tank gives the brush really constant air. No need to spend more on an expensive one for airbrushing. I typically don't shop at Sears as I find their prices to be on the high side...probably because of where I live. I do go there once in a great while though. Got my drill press from there because I had a gift certificate.