R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - ALTOONA RACEWAY FORUM
View Single Post
Old 02-24-2010, 07:49 PM
morris
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 44 (100%+)

Originally Posted by cougarcruisin
Motoroma looked like a lot of fun..

Well my name is Steve I'm from DuBois, PA.. sometimes feels as if I'm the only one in the area with the RC passion. Anyways I'm a noob when it comes to RC.

My dad built a Tamiya buggy for me when I turned 13 (10 years ago) and was hooked ever since.

Roughly last year I got back into the hobby and purchased a tamiya tt-01 and transformed it into a street drifter after watching the 1/10 scale rc drifting videos on youtube. It was fun, but not fun at all when your drifting by yourself... ha.

So after watching the Traxxas 3905 commericials on youtube I purchased one of these beasts. Again its fun, but I live in-town and my yard isn't the biggest in the world. Plus there is only so many 20 yard long ovals you can do with it before it loses it's fun factor. I have a feeling if I were to race this bad boy I'd be landing bad and snapping parts like crazy!

So I come across Altoona Raceway, hmmm well its not in DuBois, but i'm sure it would be worth a drive some weekend. Since the slashes are pretty much a stock class I suppose someone new like me could fit in well with some practice.

What sort of slash setups are accepted, I checked out the rules section on the website but It didn't mention the 2.4ghz rtr slashes w/ the 7 cell or if they had to be 6cell 2wd??

Better question is... could anyone lead me to a website with a good RTR slash that would meet all of Altoona's track requirements.Or even used setups that someone may be looking to change classes? I would like to look into getting more into this hobby (well as much as my wife would agree upon).

Thanks and hopefully will have the chance of meeting with everyone soon.
thats good you might come and check out altoona.as far as racing a slash they are really good trucks...and they hold there own against the other sct out there.you can use a radio/rx you want.you just have to use your stock esc and servo.2s lipo or a 6 cell nimh.and you have to use the tires that came in the kit.
i hope this info helps out.

also they are allowing anything aftermarket that will make the truck stronger...but nothing that will make the truck faster.

hope to meet you in the future..