R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Tekin RS ESC sensored
View Single Post
Old 02-24-2010, 11:39 AM
Jon Carlson
Regional Moderator

Trader Rating: 48 (100%+)

Originally Posted by rmdhawaii
This question is for the Tekin guys and I'm not even sure you would be willing to answer these questions, but…

Based on the current trend of other manufacturer's ESCs and ESC technology in general, is the RS engineered well enough to last another 12-18 months before requiring a hardware upgrade? Is the current firmware architecture robust enough to take advantage of any operational parameters that needs to be changed? What are some of the current hardware limitations that are preventing the RS from becoming even faster?

What you've done with the firmware is just amazing – and I realize that you'll have to upgrade the hardware some time down the road. Later would be better than sooner!

Thanks!
Well I guess the question prior to all of these is... Which "speed control" is beating the Tekin and how are they doing it?

The current stuff is being tested all the time and keeps getting faster. It is currently the fastest so where are you basing your concern? Tekin is always looking to improve, just because they are on top doesn't mean they've stopped pushing the envelope.