View Single Post
Old 02-24-2010, 07:49 AM
wyd
Tech Legend

Trader Rating: 50 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Raul Garcia View Post
I never said you dont have a good thing there. I think that allowing ROAR rules into the track opens the window for more retail sales into the hobby store wich all stores need. If you dont think so,that just rediculous. At home we use the ROAR rules and also adopted the use of all RTR motors, speedo's and such. So anyone that buys that 200.00 rtr has two choice's, run in the Sportsman class to get used to routine of the raceday, or join in the ROAR spec class. 17.5 motors are not mandated to be used, you can also use a 27turn motor, or like I said we just allow the use of the rtr motor. Tires alone are 37.00 for a pair of Proline Split Six premounts over the counter. Its all a choice for the consumer, some may choose to stay as inexpensive as possible, which is ok, and most truck work well that way to begin with. Or you have a customer that like modifications with a limit to make it a racing competive race SCT. I dont think it is rocket science, I think it is smart buisiness. Whats fast on sunday, usually sells on monday.

BTW I DONT SUPPORT ROAR in any fashion. I attend their races and abide by their rules. I believe you may see a revision of electronics for spec for 2011..
Yeah things are changing so fast as it seems like it is weekly with the speedo programming.

We like I'm sure you do will revisit the rules for the start of a new season and go from their. I know the racers at Bumps voted hugely to keep the SCT class pretty stock for this year. We use basic commen since stuff in all are other classes which are all mod. We don't run anything stock but the SCT class.

Will see how it goes as the one local track for this summer is going to try keeping the SCT class fairly stock components with 17.5 brushless. Will see how it goes and what the turnout is like. Who knows if it works out then maybe we will try it as well.

Brushless is great and so is lipo but I never thought the speedos could do what they do now to a brushless motor. I'm just amazed right now with the technology we are seeing in such a short time.