R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Can't decide B4.1/T4.1
View Single Post
Old 02-23-2010, 11:24 PM
BadHeli
Tech Initiate

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)
Default Can't decide B4.1/T4.1

Hi All,

Ok, this is my first post. I recently bought a Rustler VXL and been having a lot of fun with it. I've now decided to get into racing, and I want something a little more suited to off-road dirt track racing than the rustler. I'll keep the rustler as more of a basher and speed demon, though I will probably race it as well.

I'd like something that will race well out of the box without much (or any) mod. I'm just getting into the sport, and don't want to spend all my time tweaking stuff. I want to get another RTR rather than a kit.

So I've been looking at the new B4.1/T4.1 that are just coming out. I kinda like the buggy version, though I'm not really sure why. I haven't seen either of them in person - only pics on the web.

Durability is a key for me - not sure if the T4 might be tougher? But I also want something that will handle well around tight turns and jump well. I also don't know whether to get the brushed or brushless version (which ever one I go for). As a beginner, can I run the brushless setup, or would brushless mean I'd be up against the better drivers?

Also would the T4 be in the same class as the Rustler I guess? I'd like to be able to race in two different classes to get more track time.

So please tell me which I should get and brushless or not. Any suggestions apart from B4/T4 are welcome too!

Thanks for reading,
Nick.

Last edited by BadHeli; 02-24-2010 at 04:44 AM.