Old 02-23-2010, 04:42 AM
Moggers
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by Moggers
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moggers View Post
Hi,
I need advice before I return my SXX StockSpec back to LRP for repair
Just purchased and installed my StockSpec with a X12 13.5. When bench testing with no pinion connected, seems like the motor has interference and 'splutters' through the rev range to full power. Tried a SP 13.5 V3 motor and the same happened. Sorry to say, but reconnected by existing ESC and the motor ripped !

I've heard of the issues with the 1st batch (which seems I may have ) but I've also heard that this may be the normal charactoristics of the StockSpec when running the motor with no load.

If anyone has had the same experience or can shine any light on what the exact production issue is on the first batch released, then it will help me understand if my ESC is faulty or just how it is ?

Cheers,
Jason

Thanks for people's comments and suggestions. I didn't want to take any chances so have sent it back to LRP in Germany. I've always had great support from LRP before, so don't expect any problems on this occasion

burito (Reto)...........it's great news that LRP have resolved the firmware issues and have been very open about this to the public. I'm now looking forward to running the SXX SS this season

mutley001 (Paul)...........I've been running the 13.5 X12 for a few weeks now and will be running the 10.5 X12 with my SXX SS when back from LRP. Will be happy to share setups when I eventually get testing in the next week or so !

Cheers,
Jason

I can't fault the service from LRP Germany. Sent my SSX SS back to LRP Germany from the UK and received it back yesterday. LRP emailed me when they had returned it with tracking details and it arrived in good time. End to end it took 2 weeks Very pleased.
Now it has MkII firmware and is working like a dream. Can't wait to test on the track on Friday Will share 13.5 X12 setups when raced over weekend.

Shame some of the SXX SS's had firmware issues at the start, but can't fault LRP for there service getting this sorted.

Cheers,
Jason