R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - ESC forum
Thread: ESC forum
View Single Post
Old 09-04-2001, 10:30 PM
WailinOnYa
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

I own two Tekin G-9's, one G-10, one Keyence Zero V Extreme and one Hitec HFX (won it as a door prize for a race)! I have used Novak's in the past including Cyclones. I have a Tempest, one of the first ones, but there is something wrong with it and I get horrible glitching problems from it. For ease of adjustability the G-10 wins hands down compared to any of the other speedos with programability. Although the G-10 isn't as adjustable as a Cyclone can be or even the Keyence, it still allows you to be able to adjust the most important aspects of the Speed control and it works great! The G-9 is more of the old school aspect of speedos, very limited in adjustment, but highly effective, set it and forget it. The Keyence is the T1000, as per say of all the speedos out there. It is highly adjustable, very effecient and simply looks trick as hell! But with all it's plusses it is also as exspensive as hell! I have seen it advertised for $189.99, which is the cheapest that I have seen and that is still more than LRP's flagship Quantum! Considering that the Pit Wizard is a one time purchase, the Cyclones win the all out adjustability per dollar war by a landslide! They are also the cheapest, except for the Tekin G-10. The Hitec HFX is an excellent speedo for what it is, low price, excellent performance and even though I don't suggest it I have run below the 10 turn limit on this speedo with no problems what so ever! I have never owned an LRP or a GM, but I am sure both make excellent speedos, LRP seems to stick with the old school design as well as far as adjustability of Drive and brake frequency goes, minimal adjustments but they get the job done!